Cardamom Spiced Cupcake Recipe (with Coffee Buttercream)
A Cardamom Cupcake Recipe that is definitely worth a try!
Cardamom is such an exotic spice and is a member of the ginger family. The spice smells delicious just on it's own!
recipe generously shared by inspiringtheveryday
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices together, set aside.
2. Whip sugar and eggs together until light, approx. 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the oil and buttermilk until smooth.
4. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture until smooth.
5. Incorporate sour creaam.
Filling & baking the cups:
1. Fill each cupcake cup 3/4 full.
2. Bake in a 350°F oven for 18 minutes.
3. Cupcakes are done when a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Coffee Buttercream Recipe
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 Tablespoon coffee concentrate -or- extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Cream butter, vegetable oil and sea salt together until smooth.
2. Beat in sugar, adding more to taste a tablespoon at a time.
3. Whisk in extracts.
4. Chill buttercream for 20 minutes before filling a pastry bag.
assembling the cupcakes:
Pipe a swirl of frosting using a large star pastry tip and adorn with coffee bean for each cupcake. Chill finished cupcakes until ready to serve. Allow frosting to soften for 10 minutes before serving. Makes approximately 15 servings.
*For better frosting ribbons, I prefer to use an Ateco #849 tip. This specific pastry tip has a rounded end that helps create deep ribbons in the frosting.
Return to Cupcake Ideas and More Homepage